Tuesday 9 August 2011

Today was a great day

Today, Tuesday August 9th was a great day.

My day started out with a lovely breakfast and a beautiful downpour this morning, followed by a bike ride and sushi with my friend Joe, this afternoon.  If that wasn't already a good enough day, we came back to my place and spent some time digging in our garden. 

We found lots of ripened treasures waiting for us - tomatoes / peppers / cucumbers / cherry tomatoes /  basil / sage / rosemary / beans / peas and.... carrots!  We also discovered that the beautiful tiny sweet red peppers had been left on too long and had rotted / exploded.  While it was a neat discovery (the exploded ones, that is)  it is sad and an important reminder that Dan and I need to spend time in the garden every day. 

After sending Joe off with tons of veggies for her and Andrew to enjoy at home, we still have plenty to work with for the rest of the week.

breakfast, made by my love, Daniel.

There are so many treasures in this container... 
Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, peas, and beans!
We are planning to dry a bunch of the pea seeds to plant next year

 Our first two carrots! 
We planted them a little too closely, making them difficult to pull out, 
but it was an exciting moment nonetheless.
I feel a little bad though, if I'm being completely honest, I pulled them out of the ground without Daniel... I hope he's not too heartbroken. 
The good news, we have many more to pull and I think we will probably plant more carrots... and maybe even beets... we will see how the week goes. 

Our garden.  I think we need to weed again...

mmm mmm mmm beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment